We are happy to announce the opening of the Imagination Playground Build-A-Thon beginning February 1, 2016 through December 16, 2016! Our 2015 Build-A-Thon contest was so successful, that we have been asked to repeat the contest for 2016—the information below outlines the contest rules and prizes!
Nothing is more fun than building with Imagination Playground — show us your best builds and you'll feel like a winner!
Get Ready to Build!
Imagination Playground and their Partners in Play will provide an opportunity for children to build and create with our blocks – both physically and digitally.
Over 500 Prizes Awarded!
Grand Prize: All expense paid trip to build at the legendary Imagination Playground Park in New York City — with close to 1000 Big Blue Blocks and a chance to build your dream come true.
A 105 piece Big Blue Blocks set for your home – or if you so wish, to donate to your favorite school or organization!
While in New York you will also meet the inventor of Imagination Playground — renowned designer David Rockwell.
1st Place Physical and Digital Build Winners:
A 105 piece Imagination Playground Big Blue Block set — and you will have your build featured on our global website.
2nd Place Physical and Digital Build Winners:
A 55 piece Imagination Playground Big Blue Block set — you will have your build featured on our global website.
3rd Place Winners:
500 winners will recieve a 50 piece mini playground — and, will have their builds featured on our global website.
Two Ways to Play!
Our BUILD-A-THON will allow digital building on the free Imagination Playground 3D Builder app.
Or physically with our Big Blue Blocks at local schools, family centers, children’s museums, discovery centers, and science centers that provide the Big Blue Blocks for play!
How to Enter:
Children between 2 and 10 years of age can submit photos of as many physical builds or app screen designs as they like! Just fill out the form below and upload your photo. It’s as easy as that—you are entered!
IMAGINATION PLAYGROUND CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
1. ELIGIBILITY. The Imagination Playground Contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., ages 2 through 10 as of the date of entry (the "Submitting Individual"). Void in Canada, Puerto Rico, the U.S. territories and where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. TO ENTER. Upload a photo or screen capture of your physical or digital build (taken from “Imagination Playground 3D Builder” app) and fill in the submission form providing your name, child's name and age, address, and contact information. The Contest begins on February 1, 2016, and all entries must be received through December 16, 2016. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the holder of the e-mail account. Imagination Playground LLC. ("Imagination Playground") reserve the right to disqualify any entry they deem to be offensive, inappropriate, or not in keeping with their images, in their sole discretion.
3. JUDGING. The potential Grand Prize Winners will be selected from all eligible entries based on the creativity, uniqueness, and complexity of their submitted designs, as determined by the contest judges. The decisions of the judges are final and binding. Imagination Playground reserves the right to not award any/all prizes if in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of qualified and eligible entries.
4. CONTEST WINNERS. Five Hundred Five (505) Contest Winners (the "Contest Winners") will be selected by Imagination Playground from all eligible entries on or about January 6, 2017 and notified by phone or e-mail on or about January 9, 2017. 50 piece Mini Playgrounds will be awarded to 500 Contest Winners for their outstanding builds. A 105 piece Big Block Cart Set will be awarded to the First Place winner for Best Digital Build, and also to the First Place winner for Best Physical Build. A 55 piece Big Block Bag Set will be awarded to the Second Place winner for Best Digital Build, and also to the Second Place winner for Best Physical Build. A 105 piece Big Block Cart Set and a trip to New York City (airfare and 2 night stay hotel accommodation included) will be awarded to the Grand Prize Winner and one (1) legal guardian for Best Overall Build. (Approximate retail value for all prizes: $33,500). Care, maintenance, and storage of all equipment are the responsibility of the Contest Winners.
5. USE OF ENTRY. By submitting an entry to the Promotion, each entrant and Submitting Individual agrees Imagination Playground shall own the entry submitted (including all rights embodied therein in winning entries) and that it and its designees may exploit, edit, publish, use, adapt, modify, or dispose of any entry and elements embodied therein, online, in print, film, television, or in any other media now or hereafter known for advertising, promotional, or other purposes throughout the world, in perpetuity, without additional compensation or notification to, or permission of the entrant, except as prohibited by law.
6. GENERAL. By entering, the entrant and Submitting Individual agrees to release and hold harmless Imagination Playground and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and all others associated with the development and execution of this Promotion, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and employees of the foregoing (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all claims, injuries, damages, or losses to the person or property and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise from participation in this Promotion or acceptance or use of any prizes. The entrant represents and warrants that they have all rights in the entry to be able to grant to Imagination Playground the rights set forth herein. Each Contest Winner and Submitting Individual who submitted a winning entry may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within five (5) business days of notification attempt or an alternative winner may be selected. Subject to all applicable laws. By entering the Promotion and/or accepting a prize, each entrant and Submitting Individual grants to Imagination Playground and its designees the right to use his/her/its name, school name, likeness, hometown, biographical information, and entry for any purposes, including advertising and promotional purposes, in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without further notice, permission, or compensation, except where prohibited by law.
The prizes are non-transferable, non-assignable and no cash alternative will be offered except by Imagination Playground in the event of unavailability, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Taxes on the prizes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the Contest Winners.
The Released Parties are not responsible for interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections; for lack of availability or accessibility, or miscommunications due to failed computer, satellite, telephone, or cable transmissions or lines; for technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions; for computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures, or difficulties; or for any other computer, network, technical, typographical, human or other error, problem, or malfunction related to or in connection with the Promotion, including, without limitation, errors, problems, or malfunctions that may occur in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the announcement of the prizes, the processing or judging of entries, or any Promotion-related materials. The Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion and assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to participants' or to any other persons' computer (whether hardware or software), relating to or resulting from downloading materials or software in connection with this Promotion.